Kaboodle is a multidimensional booking platform that unifies ticketing, travel and accommodation to enable promoters and event organisers around the world to create world-class events.
We work with some of the best festivals, venues and events on the planet. Our partners include Boomtown, Printworks, Snowbombing, Lost Village, Victorious Festival and many more. We come from a festival background, so our thorough understanding of the needs of promoters helped us to create a flexible solution that maximises our Partners' profits and provides a frictionless guest experience. We are not just a plug-in or add-on, we are your complete solution.
We are ambitious and curious. We strive for openness and honest communication. We put our Partners' brand first. We are flexible and adaptable. We work collaboratively with everyone. We are built on frictionless technology. We were there from the beginning. We aim to simplify and unify.
As Kaboodle moves into its next phase of rapid growth and development, we have an opportunity for an ambitious Frontend Engineer to join us on our start-up to scale-up journey.
Who are you:
You are a confident Frontend Engineer and possess a solid understanding of web technologies including React.js, NodeJS, Express.js, API development.
- Work on our in house booking and reservation system, building new features whilst helping to improve the overall architecture for our diverse client base.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to design and implement features, ensuring the best user experience while maintaining robust, scalable and high-performance web application components and libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into clean and maintainable code and create responsive and user friendly front-end interfaces using React.js and TypeScript
- Conduct Unit, Integration, and End-to-end automated tests and implement Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Collaborate with the team to follow Agile software development methodologies
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers
- Be involved in technical discussions and become a subject matter expert
- Encourage innovation and help support an environment to help build an award-winning ticket and travel software solution
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies and share knowledge within the team
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with popular React data structures, context, and state management tools
- Experience working with LESS/ SASS
- Appreciate UX/UI, usability and accessibility
- Experience with API development and integrating with third party services
- Familiarity with security principles and best practices
- Solid understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and services (GCP, AWS) is a plus
We are currently working mostly remote, with teams heading to our little office in Ancoats around once per week for specific, collaborative meetings that are more effective in person. We value flexibility and are trusted to work from wherever we feel most productive.
Kaboodle is committed to building an inclusive company where we can all be ourselves while we work together. Our hiring decisions are based on skills and experience, regardless of your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or anything else. If there’s anything you think we should know for us to support you in participating in the interview process, please let us know in your application.
📆 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 days after 2 years service and 27 days after 3 years service
💉 Health Shield Cash Plan (Level 2)
🚴♀️ Cycle-to-work scheme
🎫 Guestlist for shows & festivals
💰 Penfold Pension - 3% at enrolment, increasing to 4% after 2 years and 5% after 3 years
🤒 Critical Illness Cover
💸 Group Life Cover (Death in Service)
🧠 Personal Development Budget
❤️ £20 Monthly wellbeing allowance