Kaboodle is a multidimensional booking platform that unifies ticketing, travel and accommodation to enable promoters and event organisers around the world to create world-class events.
We work with some of the best festivals, venues and events on the planet. Our partners include Boomtown, Drumsheds, Snowbombing, Lost Village and many more. We come from a festival background, so our thorough understanding of the needs of promoters helped us to create a flexible, whitelabel, solution that maximises our Partners' profits and provides a frictionless guest experience from purchase to event entry. We are not just a plug-in or add-on, we are their complete solution.
We are ambitious and curious. We strive for openness and honest communication. We put our Partners' brand first. We are flexible and adaptable. We work collaboratively with everyone. We are built on frictionless technology. We were there from the beginning. We aim to simplify and unify.
As Kaboodle moves into its next phase of rapid growth and development, we have an opportunity for an ambitious Backend Engineer to join us on our start-up to scale-up journey.
- Set high standards for yourself and your work
- We’d love it if you were passionate about quality, testing and performance
- Enjoy delivering innovative functionality using OOP PHP
- You will champion new technologies when its right for the business
- Encourage innovation and help support an environment to help build an award-winning software solution
What we’re looking for:
- Solid understanding of modern object oriented PHP and SOLID principles
- Implement and follow best practice architecture
- Experience with Cloud computing and containerised applications.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other team members
- Strong MySQL knowledge, working with large & complex schemas
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Knowledge of or experience with any or all of these technologies: Composer, Docker, Ansible, Github, Continuous Integration, PHPUnit, Kubernetes, GCP.
We are currently working mostly remote, with teams heading to our little office in Ancoats around once per week for specific, collaborative meetings that are more effective in person. We value flexibility and are trusted to work from wherever we feel most productive.
Kaboodle is committed to building an inclusive company where we can all be ourselves while we work together. Our hiring decisions are based on skills and experience, regardless of your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or anything else. If there’s anything you think we should know for us to support you in participating in the interview process, please let us know in your application.
📆 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 days after 2 years service and 27 days after 3 years service
💉 Health Shield Cash Plan (Level 2)
🚴♀️ Cycle-to-work scheme
🎫 Guestlist for shows & festivals
💰 Penfold Pension - 3% at enrolment, increasing to 4% after 2 years and 5% after 3 years
🤒 Critical Illness Cover
💸 Group Life Cover (Death in Service)
🧠 Personal Development Budget
❤️ £20 Monthly wellbeing allowance